we know that in recent news there is a lot going on right now in the world, but we want to encourage you to stay positive during this isolation period even if it feels really hard at times.
Although we as an organisation had many things planned like yourselves we will still forge ahead but online.
We have outlined a few tips below to help you stay positive during this time and take care of your mental health.
Steps to staying positive;
1. STAY IN TOUCH WITH OTHERS – We cannot stress the importance of staying connected with others during this time. If you have family and friends that you do not live with, it is a good idea to maintain healthy relationships through phone, social media, video calls and more.
2. SHARE YOUR PROBLEMS OR CONCERNS – You know what they say a problem shared is a problem halved. Find someone that you trust to talk to and let them know what you are going through. You don’t have to carry any burden alone.
3. TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY – Physical health is very important, therefore it is important to gain physical exercise regularly and watch the food that you eat. Try to eat a well balanced diet and drink plenty of water.
4. DO AWAY WITH NEGATIVE NEWS- Try to limit the amount of time you spend listening to negative news as this can have a negative impact on your mind. Essential news is ok to keep up to date with what is happening in the world, but negative news is a no no!
5. HAVE FUN!!! It is so important to do the things that you enjoy!! If your a NETFLIX fan there are so many movies to watch!! Our current Fav is Self Made (inspired by Madam C.J Walker ) It’s a great movie with lead actress Octavia Spencer.
6. KEEP YOUR MIND ACTIVE- This is a great opportunity to Read, Write (Journal) Play games/quizzes anything that will help you to keep your mind alert.